Originally posted on Julie Williams Armstrong:
There are 1.3 billion users on Facebook and yet, I suspect that as individuals in a society, we’ve never felt so alone. Consider your current Facebook feed. More than likely, it’s a mosh pit of:
- Look at these pictures of my fabulous vacation
- Listen to me complain about the weather
- Help me to find a box of legos for my kid
- Watch this ridiculous video of my cat
- Congratulate me on my latest fitness goal
- Celebrate my recent project success
Do you see the pattern? Me. ME. ME!!!!!
Now before I get too far, let me confess: Yes, I have a Facebook and I use it fairly regularly. My husband and I recently relocated our family to another state for work, so I particularly appreciate Facebook for keeping tabs on the friends and family we left and so they can keep tabs on … well, yes … me.
View original 338 more words